I decided to make Valentine’s Day cards as my first gocco project. I’ve been working on the drawing, but Paper Source put the blank cards I ordered on back order, so I’ll have to wait a while before I can print them. I did get my box with envelopes and cute heart paper today, though, so I figured I could start on the envelope liners. This is a project I wanted to do for the wedding invitations, but ran out of time before the invites needed to be sent.
1. Trace envelope onto cardstock and cut out to make a pattern piece.
2. Cut ~3/4 inch off the bottom of your pattern. You will also need to cut a tiny bit off the sides so that the liners will slide inside the envelope.
3. Trace pattern onto back of your pretty paper. Since my paper has a 1-way design, I wasn’t able to creatively fit them together like a puzzle. If you have an all-over design, you should be able to fit more per page.
4.Cut out liners.
5. Slide your liner into an envelope, and crease along fold line.
6. Use a gluestick on the top flap of your liner.
7. Press closed, and voila!
Aren’t they cute? I can’t wait to make the cards that will fill them!