Dave and I just got back from camping in the Willamette National Forest. It was great to finally have a day when we both had time to get out of town, sleep in a tent, and hike in our beautiful state. I love Oregon!
Something about campfires makes me unable to resist kid food like hot dogs and marshmallows. (Anyone else share my problem?) The summer camp I worked at last year introduced me to an amazing campfire dessert: banana boats. They’re full of chocolate and marshmallows, less messy than s’mores, and oh so delicious.
Campfire Banana Boats
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Other sweets you love and have on hand?
- Slice banana lengthwise, being careful to not cut through bottom peel.
- Stuff banana with sweets. (My husband likes a slightly higher sweets:banana ratio! haha! Can you guess which one is his?)
- Wrap up tightly in foil.
- Place in campfire for ~10 minutes.
- Remove from fire, unwrap foil, and eat straight out of the banana.
Yum!! I hope everyone gets a lot of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and delicious campfire treats this this summer!