Just over a week until my due date! Our little girl is still happily wiggling away in there. The waiting is the hardest!
Here’s one of our favorite meals to freeze. It’s delicious, super easy to double, and a great way to use up all of the veggies in your fridge.
Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Beef
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- assorted veggies (e.g. carrots, zucchini, squash. green pepper, etc.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes if you’ve got ‘em!)
- 1 26 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 1.5 tsp basil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice veggies, simmer in a large pot with olive oil until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt, pepper, and brown sugar, stirring well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy with pasta.
- To freeze, store flat in freezer bags. Heat up in saucepan when ready to eat.